Saturday, March 10, 2007
Quotes Shirdi Sai Baba
I am writing some quotes by Shirdi Sai Baba. Quotes, a couple of lines, if given full attention and brooded over, can bring about miraculous change in our lives, the way we think and the way we act. Before the quotes I have copy pasted few lines of question and answer with J. Krishnamurti. Why? Because if we read the quotes and Sai SatCharitra and any books and stories of Shirdi Sai Baba, the way J. Krishnamurti has suggested, it can bring about lot more change in our lives on whole.
Ruben: How would you recommend your books to be read, and in what order?
Krishnamurti: Do not read them like a novel. Read slowly as if your life was in every word and every sentence. Start with the last one and then if there is an interest go backwards through the first one.
Ruben: Should we read all your books?
Krishnamurti: If you take a train in San Francisco to go to Los Angeles... would you get off in Santa Barabara?
Quotes Shirdi Sai Baba
* He should subdue his ego and offer it at my feet. He who conducts himself in this manner, in life, will not only get from me full assistance in whatever he do, but I shall toil for him in every way.
* Listening to my stories, narrating them to others, contemplating on them will propagate love and devotion for me, which will destroy ignorance, instantly.
* Wherever ever there is Faith and Devotion together, I remain enslaved forever. Have no doubts about this, but otherwise, I always remain unattainable.
* When herd with virtuousness and a good feeling, these stories will generate devotion in the listener’s minds ; self experience and bliss will then follow most naturally and a state of perpetual joy will thus be attained.
* The devotee will have self realization, which will bring in tune, both, his jeeva (Atman) and Shiva(Brahma); he will comprehend the incomprehensible, which is without attributes, and the supreme spirit shall reveal itself.
* Such is the reward, the fruit of my stories. What else would one want? This is the ultimeate objective of Shrutis (Vedas) and so, by attaining this the devotee will be enriched.
* Where contentiousness prevails, ignorance and Maya abound. There is no thought of deliverance and the mind is continually engaged in malicious, misconceived speculation. Such one is not worthy of self-knowledge. He is engulfed by ignorance alone. He can enjoy happiness neither on earth nor in heaven. Everywhere and at all times he is unhappy.
* Unless there is some relationship or connection, nobody goes anywhere. If any men or creatures come to you, do not discourteously drive them away, but receive them well and treat them with due respect. Shri Hari (God) will be certainly pleased if you give water to the thirsty, bread to the hungry, clothes to the naked and your verandah to strangers for sitting and resting. If anybody wants any money from you and you are not inclined to give, do not give, but do not bark at him like a dog.
* Let the world go topsy-turvy, you remain where you are. Look on calmly at the show of all things passing before you. Demolish the wall of difference that separates you from Me; and then the road for our meeting will be clear and open. The sense of differentiation, as I and Thou, is the barrier that keeps away the disciple from his Master, and unless that is destroyed the state of Union or At-One-ment is not possible.
* This Brahmin can bring lacs of men onto the white path and take them to their destination.
Posted by Alpesh Patel